Design is fundamental to both business and society. Our aim, as we move forward under a new strategic plan, is to ensure that design receives the recognition it deserves.Terry Tyrrell, Chair, Design Council
Our Annual Reports highlight our achievements, outline both our income and expenditure and include a brief review of our performance against our purpose and objectives.
- Design Council Annual Report 2016-17 (.pdf)
- Design Council Annual Report 2015-16 (.pdf)
- Design Council Annual Report 2014-15 (.pdf)
- Design Council Annual Report 2013-14 (.pdf)
- Design Council Annual Report 2012-13 (.pdf)
- Design Council Annual Report 2011-12 (.pdf)
- Design Council Annual Report 2010-11 (.pdf)
- Design Council Annual Report 2009-10 (.pdf)
We are an independent enterprising charity. Our income is derived from a combination of grants, partnerships and paid-for services.
We receive a grant from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) to deliver programmes aimed at driving up the use of design as a strategic tool. In addition we generate income from our services based on design coaching, advisory and other activities, which are delivered to business, local and national government departments and trusts.
For full details of our accounts, please see our annual reports.
We are governed by an unpaid board of trustees. They set our strategic direction, monitor the delivery of our objectives, and uphold our values and governance. They also guide, advise and support our Chief Executive, who leads the senior management team towards achieving our vision and purpose. The Chair of the board of trustees is Terry Tyrrell.