We champion great design that improves lives.
We do this through our long term aims to:
- Enable people to use design to transform business and communities for the better
- Stimulate innovation in business and public services, improving our built environment and tackling complex social issues
- Inspire new design thinking, encourage public debate and inform policy to improve everyday life and help meet tomorrow's challenges today
- Design for Growth – Harnessing design’s potential to create growth, jobs and prosperity
- Communities by Design – Enabling communities to use design to improve places and lives
- Ageing Better by Design – Enhancing life as we grow older by using design to better enable independence and provide assistance
- Active by Design – Tackling obesity and inactivity head on by designing a more active future
We’re a think-do organisation which means we combine research, debate and knowledge-sharing with practical demonstration, real advice and enabling ideas that work.
We have four programmes to deliver our mission:
The Insight team provides information and new evidence on the value of design. We stimulate debate, influence policy and build networks to promote the benefits of design for everyone. Find out more
The Challenges team runs competitions that use design to address societal issues. We show how design can create practical solutions to complex problems and stimulate opportunities for enterprise. Find out more
The Leadership team works at a senior level with businesses and public service providers to help them realise the ambitions of the organisation by identifying practical ways that design can deliver tangible long term results. Find out more
The Cabe team makes places better for people. We focus on ensuring places and communities are sustainable, adaptable and resilient. Find out more