- About us
- Our services
- Knowledge & resources
- News & opinion
We want everyone who visits the Design Council website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
To make our content more accessible for people with disabilities and user friendly for everyone we've designed this website using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
These guidelines have three levels of accessibility: A, AA and AAA. We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Design Council website.
- Building the site using standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Ensuring that all of our webpage content is structured in a logical manner
- Providing consistent navigation across our sites
- Ensuring all of our content managers are fully trained in producing accessible content (for example, providing appropriate alternative texts and descriptive links, and not having any instructions that rely on visual elements), and rigorously checking all content after it has been created
- Allowing users to be in control of moving content
We are working hard to maintain an AA level, but if you do experience accessibility issues, please contact us.