Register to comment
We'd like to hear your views on the content we publish and the work that we do. We will never share your details with third parties.Register now
Design Academy Strategic design for undergraduates
Design Academy is an interactive, four-day training course for undergraduate design students at leading universities. Design Academy helps prepare students from a variety of disciplines for real-world design challenges by developing their strategic design capabilities.
It’s a fantastic course. You’re creating the designers of the future.Will Roberts, Senior Innovation Manager at RNLI
Design Academy offers design schools and universities world-class training for undergraduate students that helps them gain an edge in a competitive job market.
The four-day course focuses on a major societal challenge. This year students will tackle Design for Care, an initiative we launched to transform care for the 21st century.
The course is led by one of our expert Design Associates, who is supported by Design Council staff and industry experts.
What will I learn?
This course will teach students:
- How design can provide a framework for innovation when addressing private and public sector challenge
- How to apply design frameworks, processes and methods to real world problems
- How to identify and frame new opportunities that directly challenge these problems
- How to go about shaping projects that deliver successful outcomes
- How to work collaboratively and in a way that modern organisations require
The Design Academy is the 'value-added' for our students; a chance to work collaboratively with a highly regarded organisation.Professor Lawrence Zeegen, Dean of the School of Design at London College of Communication
Who is it for?
Design Academy is for design schools that:
- Want to optimise student employability and versatility
- Want to place greater emphasis on strategic design and design for innovation
- Want to break down subject boundaries and enhance interdisciplinary practice
- Want to provide students with enhanced leadership opportunities and promotional platforms
- Want a competitive edge within a crowded market place
- Want an affiliation with Design Council
How do I get involved?
- If you're a student and are interested in Design Academy, please speak to your university and register your interest
- If you're a university and would like to get involved with Design Academy please email email@example.com to find out more about course fees and programme structure.