- Who we are
- What we do
- Work with us
- News & opinion
- Contact us
- Subscribe to Newsletter
Director of Architecture & Built Environment
circa £25,000 + benefits
About Design Council
Design Council’s purpose is to make life better by design.
We are an independent charity and the government’s advisor on design. Our vision is a world where the role and value of design is recognised as a fundamental creator of value, enabling happier, healthier and safer lives for all. Through the power of design, we make better places, better products, better processes and better performance.
What the Project Coordinator do
The Project Coordinator, Architecture & Built Environment (ABE), is a critical role providing technical support across our services to ensure our design content and operational delivery is consistent and our services are efficient and effective. The postholder will co-ordinate programmes which bring in critical high volume income to Design Council. The role reports into the Director of ABE and supports the ABE team.
Project delivery assistance
- Coordinate and support program contract administration, including drafting and issuing the appropriate paperwork/contracts for our Built Environmental Experts (BEES), Design Associates and third-party suppliers.
- Support the Design Associate’s (DA’s)preparation, set up and delivery of external and internal events, conferences, meetings and workshops relating to clients and service delivery.
- Set up and maintain processes to support the management of utilisation and capacity of our BEEs, DA’s across ABE programs.
- Ensure BEEs have the appropriate materials and toolkits for service delivery in a timely manner to deliver our ABE programs
- Support the Director and Head of Cities Programmes in diary management for internal and external meetings
- Ensure all relevant resources/materials and service content required for service delivery are maintained (including monitoring stock levels and version control of design tools)
- Work closely with the ABE team leaders to support the content, BEEs and logistical requirements relating to our enhanced, extended and integrated programs
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and communications team to ensure content resources are kept up to date and relevant
- Taking delivery of programme and presentation material and overseeing access to the building for guests with mobility impairment
- Support general client management activities, including monitoring of delivery data and making visible relevant information when necessary.
- Act as an intermediary for all communications, responding to incoming initial queries and questions by telephone or e-mail
- Maintain storage of marketing and archive materials relating to service delivery
- Maintain effective and efficient knowledge management within our internal and shared drives to ensure service information is accessible and kept up to date.
- Room set up and minute taking for the Weekly and Monthly ABE team meetings.
- Assign project codes to new commissions, schemes and assignments, setting up the necessary links to project folders and client database
- Update and develop the CRM database
- Work with the team to set up and manage the appropriate structures and templates to gather financial information and monitor spend
- Prepare monthly reports, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting procedures (including accruals) to support delivery management.
- Manage and co-ordinate the procurement process (ie raising purchase orders and processing invoices) for all projects and programmes in a timely manner
- Responding to ad hoc finance enquiries from suppliers and liaising with the finance department to identify swift and accurate solutions
The role may involve occasional travel to support the delivery of workshops, Design Review panels and related service delivery activity.
Ensure you comply with the Design Council operational policies and procedures including financial and risk management, project management and evaluation processes, brand guidelines and health and safety policy.
Does this sound like you?
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for:
- Experience of co-ordinating projects in a similar environment.
- Proven experience of providing complex project management support
- Senior administration experience (e.g. document control, minute taking etc).
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of working with content management systems
- Proven experience in managing financial information and monitoring budgets
- Ability to analyse, interpret and assimilate financial and reporting information
- Experience with event management/coordination
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of commercial project management support and administration
- Dynamic and proactive approach
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- High attention to detail
- High level of tact, discretion and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Collaborative team member and work across teams
- Focuses on impact and results for the client
- Manage multiple priorities and activities concurrently
Equality & Diversity
The Design Council is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. Public appointments are made on merit with independent assessments, openness and transparency of process.
How to apply…
To apply, please email your CV and supporting statement to demonstrate your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: 17 November 2019 at 23:59