- Who we are
- What we do
- Work with us
- News & opinion
- Contact us
- Subscribe to Newsletter
Would you like to help design the future for seniors?
Over the last five years, the Design Council has delivered practical solutions to a huge range of social issues, from products that improve the lives of those affected by dementia to services that promote independence in later life.
As part of our latest project, we are looking for input from people who are aged 65 or over, to understand more about what helps or hinders you to make choices about your way of life, wellbeing, care needs and health.
If you’re 65 or over and one or more of the following apply, we’d love to hear from you.
- Are you planning to retire in the next 2 years?
- Have you semi-retired in the last 2 years?
- Have you retired in the last 2 years?
Illness or death of a loved one
- Have you experienced the loss of someone very close to you in the last 2 years?
- Have you suffered a life changing health issue in the last 2 years?
e.g. a stroke, heart attack or other crisis in health
Your answers to these will be used to help us scope out the best ways to design products or services that enable people to make better choices.
We are looking to speak to three types of people.
1. People who are currently weighing up their future choices
This might be someone who anticipates changes ahead and is currently wondering what their options are.
2. People who have made choices that they feel have been right for them
This might be someone who feels they have been able to plan ahead, make informed decisions, receive a good level of support, and find information easily.
3. People who have made choices that they have regretted
This might be someone who has found choices stressful, have wished they could change choices they’ve made, have had a low level of support and guidance, have found information and advice difficult to come by, confusing or unhelpful.
Get in touch
I will be speaking to people between 26 August - 2 September and expect the conversation to last between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
The conversations can be on the phone or face to face depending on practicalities, your response will be anonymised if you would prefer.
Partner with us
We work with businesses, local authorities, universities, and foundations.Find out how