- Who we are
- What we do
- Work with us
- News & opinion
- Design Series
- Contact us
- Subscribe to Newsletter
Inside you will find
- The fundamentals of service design
- An explanation of the Double Diamond design process and how it is used in service design
- What to expect when working with a designer
- Tools and methods that service designers use in the creative process
This will interest
- Those who are new to service design and interested in learning more
- Designers who would like to explain common service design methods to others
This is a brief introduction to why design methods can be useful when developing services.
Service design is all about making services usable, easy and desirable. To design a great service, it's important to have service users in mind: are they staff, suppliers or customers? Using design tools and methods can deliver an in-depth understanding of user behaviours, their likes and their needs, which can enable new solutions to be developed.
This guide was developed to inform two design challenges – Independence Matters and Keeping Connected – which aimed to create services enhancing independent living and quality of life for older adults.