Inside you will find
- An introduction to CABE's contribution to climate change through sustainable design.
- Insight into CABE's aims and objectives for preventing future climate change.
This will interest
- Policy makers in central, regional and local government
- Public sector bodies
- Construction and development industry
- Environmentalists and others with an interest in sustainability
Tackling climate change involves creating sustainable places. The construction and use of the built environment currently accounts for around half of national carbon emissions. But there are planning, design and management solutions to climate change, if we use design as a problem-solving process.
This briefing sets out what CABE will do to address the issues of sustainable design and climate change, and the action we think is urgently needed from the public and private sectors.