- Who we are
- What we do
- Work with us
- News & opinion
- Contact us
- Subscribe to Newsletter
Inside you will find
- Current concerns about cemeteries and whether they are facing a crisis
- Insight into their legal status, heritage value and contemporary benefits
- An explanation of problems arising from the way that cemeteries are currently maintained by local authorities
- A useful bibliography and contact list
This will interest
- Local government and councils
- Planners and architects
Urban burial grounds in the 19th century were originally envisaged as public open spaces and were professionally designed to be attractive places to visit in their own right.
Today, many cemeteries are neglected, with little to attract anyone apart from those visiting specific burial plots. This lack of design, planning and ambition means that the potential health and environmental benefits of cemeteries are not being realised.