Inside you will find
- Spending on technical design
- Spending on user design
- Spending on promotional design
- Spending on identity design
- Sector comparisons
- Design spend by size of company
- National spending on design
This will interest
Company spending on design is our comprehensive guide to how much UK companies spend on design.
The original survey was conducted by the University of Cambridge and supported by the Design Council. The report estimates that UK firms spend around £50bn on design annually. Around £40bn is spent on technical design, which compares with private sector R&D spend at around £21bn. These early results are based on a small sample of 358 companies that are representative of UK firms.