- Who we are
- What we do
- Work with us
- News & opinion
- Contact us
Inside you will find
- An examination of 15 of the best neighbourhood healthcare buildings in the country, from a doctor's surgery to an NHS Walk-in Centre.
- Insight into how high design quality creates a human, inclusive and reassuring environment, just when people need it most.
This will interest
- Local, regional and central government
- Healthcare managers and professionals
- Architects, designers and others with an interest in improving healthcare settings
The built environment plays a pivotal role in keeping us healthy. This is now well understood. So why are we still building health facilities that lack design quality or engagement with the local community?
Designed with care presents 15 wide-ranging case studies of new healthcare buildings that have challenged existing ways of working; responded to the needs of their neighbourhoods; created a human and reassuring environment; used space and light to produce a calming atmosphere; and developed an inclusive design ethos from the outset.
The challenge is for others involved in future healthcare building to learn from the lessons presented in these case studies.