Inside you will find
- Recommendations to ensure the UK digital economy fulfils its potential
- A critical analysis of why design is key to innovation and technology
This will interest
- Ministers and Policy makers
- Leading members in local government
- Those working in the tech industry
A new independent report published by the Design Commission warns that the UK’s digital economy will not fulfil its social or economic potential without a concerted focus on design.
Amongst 17 recommendations, the report calls upon government to nurture the design and digital technology sectors on a local level, stressing the importance of growing these sectors outside of London. The proposals include development of ‘Digital Design Clusters’ – localised, collaborative infrastructure networks of higher education institutions, local authorities and design and technology businesses.