Inside you will find
- Section on the workshop challenge
- Customer journey and insights
- Design challenges
- Workbook materials, including key themes from market research and user scenarios
This will interest
- Sustainable building experts
- Local authorities and housing associations
- Public sector professionals
In 2010, Design Council ran a design workshop with the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to look at how to encourage the adoption of home insulation and other low-carbon home modifications.
This joint proposal How can we help people make their homes more energy efficient? shows how user-centred design research has helped DECC understand how consumers feel about installing cavity wall insulation or lagging their loft and it shows that people feel disengaged with the overarching environmental issues.
DECC know it needs to take advantage of any currently unmet opportunities to improve the uptake of energy efficiency measures. Design Council user-centred research mapped the complexity of the customer journey and identified a number of strategic opportunities for encouraging the uptake of energy efficiency measures.