Inside you will find
- Introduction to housing regulations
- Benefits of well-designed housing
- Map of housing standards to highlight confusion and overlap in the current system
- Proposed new simplified framework for housing standards
This will interest
- Housing providers
- Built environment professionals
Improving the design of new housing argues that the current system of building regulations, planning policy and funding has created a framework for housing standards that is confused, overlapping and sometimes contradictory.
CABE believes that this plethora of standards should be replaced by a much simpler national standards framework. This would include minimum design standards for housing and address the policy principles required to meet environmental commitments and the basic needs of communities and residents.