Inside you will find
- Foreword and executive summary
- Introduction and strategic context
- Outline of eight models for funding urban green spaces, with strengths and weaknesses of each model
- Section on whether the eight models can work in the UK
- How to apply the models
This will interest
- Parks and green space managers
- Regeneration professionals
- Local authorities
There is increasing recognition of the value of well-designed, managed and resourced parks and green spaces. Yet finding funding, in particular long-term revenue funding, remains a significant challenge.
Paying for parks: eight models for funding urban green spaces sets out the main funding mechanisms for green spaces, in the UK and abroad.
It is a useful reference for parks and green space managers and regeneration professionals, as well as a call for a strategic rethink about how we resource these valuable assets.