- Who we are
- What we do
- Work with us
- News & opinion
- Design Series
- Contact us
- Subscribe to Newsletter
Design Council offers a comprehensive design service, bringing together local knowledge and world-class built environment and design expertise to help deliver high-quality, sustainable places where people want to live and work.
We are indebted to Design Council for the excellent support work and professional skills that have been provided by the Panel to the City Council.Councillor Bob Price, Leader of Oxford City Council
Our breadth of experience means we are able to add value to projects of every scale. Our expertise ranges from housing and office developments to nationally significant infrastructure projects and neighbourhood planning support, landscape design, healthcare, procurement, public space strategy and sustainable urban design.
We collaborate extensively with different clients and stakeholders including local authority officers, elected members, developers, investors and key community stakeholders to build expertise and deliver well-designed, sustainable places for all.
I encourage cities across the country to look at how they could use – and benefit from – the Design Council’s new cities programme to help deliver housing and infrastructure, at pace and as set out in their city deals.Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (Oct 2014)
What we do
We deliver custom packages of hands-on, expert support that can help at any stage of your project. However, our advice often delivers greatest impact on the design process at the early stages, when it can save time and money.
Our range of support services includes:
- Help with procurement, from preparing a design brief to choosing an architect
- Staff training to build capacity, knowledge and expertise
- Building knowledge databases to inform ongoing service improvements
- Bespoke, multidisciplinary design panels and Design Reviews
- Design support and review throughout the early stage design and pre-application planning process
- Technical advice on design quality, housing, sustainability or public space
- Expert consultation on visioning
- Local and neighbourhood plan development
- Site allocation
- Community workshops and stakeholder engagement
- Strategic specialist expertise to assist in the shaping of planning policy
- Expert advice to maximise the impact of policy implementation
Whatever your project requirements, we create multidisciplinary panels of experts that meet your specific needs.
Our skilled, professional team works with our nationwide, cross-sector network of Built Environment Experts (all leaders in their field) to offer support to local authorities, developers and architects.
The profiles of a selection of our Built Environment Experts are below. For more information about our network, download our full guide here.
If you would like information about our access to expertise in a specific field, contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7420 5200.