Drawing on Design Council’s 70-year experience supporting industry, this one-day national conference offers a totally fresh perspective on the world of manufacturing.
Follow this link to download the agenda now.
The demand to reduce costs while increasing productivity and ensuring quality products means profit margins are constantly at risk. To lower this risk, forward-thinking businesses are investing more time and money into design methodologies.
Bringing together manufacturers, business leaders, designers and policymakers, Design Council’s Leading Business by Design Summit will explore how these design methods and tools are being used to drive positive change within UK manufacturing businesses and their supply chains.
Expert speakers, panel discussions and audience interaction will shed light on the latest trends in manufacturing and research into the impact of design on the sector. Hear directly from some of the world’s most successful manufacturing and design organisations on how they are using strategic design to:
innovate and grow by harnessing the potential of new materials and composites and differentiating their products and services
take a radical new approach to their supply chains to create a sustainable competitive edge
improve their capabilities by investing in skills
futureproof their business by promoting interdisciplinary collaboration
As well as learning directly from industry insiders as they share their success stories, you will also be the first to gain the latest insights from brand new research.
There will be plenty of opportunities to contribute to the discussion, ask questions, and network with speakers and other guests. Each session will end with at least 20 minutes of time for questions and discussion.
Register your place now to discover how the world's leading businesses are using strategic design - quote DC200 to save £200 on the standard ticket price.
Following the last session of the Summit, delegates are invited to enjoy a champagne and canapé reception celebrating the Birmingham Made Me 2015 Design Expo.
The reception is from 5pm - 7.30pm and is sponsored by AGA Rangemaster Plc and Birmingham City University.
- Chris Sherwin, Head of Sustainability – SeymourPowell
- Daniel Abel, Recruitment Director – Futura Design Ltd
- Richard Baker, Head of Supplier Engineering – Rolls-Royce
- Stephen Boyd Davis, Professor of Design Research – Royal College of Art
- Dick Elsy, Chief Executive – High Value Manufacturing Catapult
- Chris Guy, Engineering Manager – Hydro Systems
- Lee Hopley, Chief Economist – EEF
- Julia King, Vice Chancellor – Aston University
- Kirsty Lang, Broadcaster and Journalist
- John Male, Managing Director – Lloyds Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre
- Pietro Micheli, Associate Professor of Organisational Performance – Warwick Business School
- Beverley Nielsen, Director Corporate Affairs – Birmingham City University
- Paul Priestman, Co-founding Director – PriestmanGoode
- Lisa Reeves, Interior Design Manager – Volvo
- Ellie Runcie, Director of Future Programmes – Design Council
- Caroline Simcock, Global Head of Compliance & Approvals – Dyson
- Phil Stubington, Director – RS Consulting
- Phil Swash, CEO – GKN Land Systems
Subscribe to our newsletter
Want to keep up with the latest from the Design Council?