Become a Design Council Expert
Help us lead the design industry to Design for Planet.
Join our Design for Planet mission.
Applications are now closed.
Could you be a Design Council Expert? Are you a design leader, putting the planet at the heart of your work?
Our Experts are design pioneers who work with us to advocate for design, share knowledge about best practice and help us deliver advice and programmes.
They are our hive mind and provide a unique breadth of knowledge and expertise from across the design industry. We need the best voices from every area of design to push forward our Design for Planet mission.
Are you an industry leader?
To tackle the climate crisis we have to redesign nearly everything about the way we live our lives and that means every designer working towards a regenerative future.
We are looking for Design Council Experts from all design disciplines, from place and materials, crafts and fashion, product and policy, UX and graphic, service and systemic design. Making sure that we reflect the demographic and regional diversity of the society that design shapes.
Design can reimagine materials, re-use waste and create a fair, circular economy.
Design can regenerate places by reviving biodiversity and building skills for people to care for their community and environment.
Design can drive zero emissions through behaviour change and technology.
There are different ways in which you might champion our work and Design for Planet mission:
- Provide expertise and advice in our programmes to build skills and support organisations embed design and deliver missions.
- Contribute your practical knowledge and thought leadership to collective intelligence about how to Design for Planet.
- Use your experience as a designer to help us shape policy recommendations that support the design sector.
- Advocate for design's value in the green transition.
- Act as inspirational beacons showing the best Design for Planet in action.
Practically this might look like:
- Delivering design training as part of our Design for Planet Academy.
- Providing strategic design leadership or specific design advice via our demonstrator projects, e.g. to increase repairability or develop a new eco-label.
- Providing expert advice as part of our strategic Design Reviews.
- Engaging your networks to advocate for our Design for Planet mission.
- Sharing your insights into best and next practice through individual thought pieces or collective insight sharing sessions, all published on our Design for Planet Knowledge Hub.
- Participating in policy roundtables to help us understand issues and develop recommendations.
- Speaking at or engaging in one of our flagship events.